NTA will conduct JEE main 2022 exam in two sessions - June and July. The NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2022 exam two times across various exam centers.
There are going to be two attempts this year and both the papers will be held in June and July. JEE Main will be conducted from in two sessions between June 20 to 29 and July 21 to 30.
The National Testing Agency has decided that all students who will take part in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE main 2022 exam) this year will get only two attempts, instead of four to the aspirants planning to take JEE Main exams this year.
This decision would complete the admission process in lesser time and ensure the timely beginning of the academic session cross engineering colleges throughout the country. NTA has introduced four attempts for JEE Mains in 2021, due restrictions imposed by COVID.
Advantages of 2 attempts for JEE Main 2022 Exam
The candidates will have the below mentioned benefits under two sessions for JEE main 2022 exam.
1. This will give two opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in JEE main 2022 exam in one attempt.
2. In the first attempt of JEE main 2022 exam, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
3. The second attempt of JEE main 2022 exam will help the candidates to overcome the mistakes from session one, if any.
4. This will reduce the probability of dropping a year. Thus, candidates do not have to waste an entire year.
5. In case any candidate misses the first session, they will not have to wait for one more year to appear for the JEE main 2022 exam.
6. A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one Session then his/her best of the JEE main 2022 exam NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
The number of attempts in JEE Main 2022 Exam will depend on COVID-19 conditions and the schedule of board exams.
The application form of JEE main 2022 exam for the second session is about to begin anytime soon now. The National Testing Agency will conduct JEE Main 2022 exam in two attempts this year.
The first attempt will be held in June and the second attempt in July. JEE Main 2022 exam date for the first attempt is June 20 to 29 while the second attempt date is July 21 to 30.
Many students strongly opposed the decrease in the number of attempts in JEE main 2022 exam from four to two. However, NTA has informed that the number of attempts has been reduced to bring back the normalcy in JEE Main.
JEE (Main), the multi-session computer-based test, is taken by students for getting admission in top engineering institutions as well as securing eligibility to appear for the JEE (Advanced), the entrance test for the Indian Institutes of Technology.
In 2019, the number of attempts allowed to a student was increased from one to two and to four from 2021 and some of the results show how aspirants significantly benefited from taking multiple shots at a high-pressure exam.
JEE Main 2022 Exam - Only 2 Attempt Likely
In a major blow to engineering aspirants, the JEE Main 2022 Exam may be held only with two attempts this year.
While students wait for the NTA – National Testing Agency to release the official notification for the national-level entrance exam, speculative reports have hinted that the JEE main 2022 exam will be held only in two attempts for the candidates.
An official from the exam authority said that last year JEE Main was held in 4 sessions because of COVID-19 2nd wave of the pandemic. However, this year the situation is quite different and under control in terms of the spread of the disease.
Therefore, the apex testing agency is mulling the idea to hold JEE main 2022 exam only in two attempts.