The Common Admission Test (CAT exam) 2022 for MBA admission 2023 in all 20 IIMs is scheduled for November 27, 2022, the month's last Sunday.
The CAT exam 2022 registration process will begin in the first week of August and will last for more than 45 days at iimcat.ac.in. Every year, one of the top six IIMs conducts the CAT exam by rotation.
IIM Ahmedabad hosted the CAT Exam last year, and IIM Bangalore will host the CAT Exam in 2022. Previous year, 2.30 lakh eligible registered and approximately 1.92 lakh candidates took the exam.
The official CAT Exam dates, as well as notification and registration information, will be made available on the IIM CAT official website in the last weeks of July.
The CAT Exam 2022 is believed to be held in three sessions at numerous locations across India. Candidates preparing for the CAT Exam 2022 must be aware of all exam details such as exam dates, eligibility, paper pattern, syllabus, and so on.
Changes to the CAT Exam 2022 Eligibility:
There is no requirement for a minimum grade point average of 50 percent or 45 percent in graduation.
IIM Bangalore, which is hosting the CAT Exam 2022, Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused disruptions in evaluations across the country, the CAT Exam convening IIM has removed the requirement of a minimum of 50 or 45 percent of marks in graduation for appearing in the CAT Exam 2022.
This exception applies only to candidates taking the CAT Exam 2022 and who have completed their bachelor's degree in 2021 or 2022.
The changes may have an impact on the admission policies of many top B-schools, which will accept CAT exam 2022 scores for MBA admission in 2023.
The CAT Exam Centre conveyed the following clarification in an Important announcement dated August 1st week 2022, on eligibility for writing CAT 2022, in response to several queries that it received from candidates regarding their candidature due to the "promotion/pass" certificate awarded instead of the "marks" certificates in the last two years (pandemic years) of their bachelor's program.
Age Limit for CAT Exam Eligibility
There is no age limit for CAT Exam eligibility for any category of candidates applying for the IIM-CAT exam 2022.
CAT Exam eligibility of the candidates who graduated before 2020
For General/ NC-OBC Aspirants
1. Candidates from all races and ethnicities are eligible to apply.
2. The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% or an equivalent CGPA.
3. Candidates who have completed a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible.
For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and PwD aspirants
SC/ST/PwD Candidates from the Reserved Category who apply for CAT 2022 must have one of the following qualifications:
1. Candidates from the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Differently Abled (DA) categories must have a graduation grade point average of 45 percent.
2. Candidates in their final year of study are also eligible to apply for the CAT 2022.
3. Candidates who have completed a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with a minimum of 45 percent marks are eligible.
Eligibility for the CAT Exam for Final-Year Students
For final-year students, the following categories are eligible for CAT Exam:
For General/NC-OBC/EWS aspirants
CAT Exam Eligibility for Final Year Students in this Category necessitates that candidates in their final year of graduation be eligible to apply for CAT Exam If they are not awarded a percentage of marks in 2022 and 2021, they must enter promotion/pass for the previous year.
For the SC/ST/PWD aspirants
1. CAT Exam aspirants in their final year of graduation must also be eligible to apply for CAT 2022 in order to be eligible in this category.
2. They do not need to fill out a percentage of marks if they are not awarded marks in the 2022 and 2022 exam years.
3. Candidates in their final year will be allowed to join the programme if they are chosen only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date specified by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all requirements for obtaining the Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate will they be admitted to the programme provisionally.
ALL THE BEST!