English is considered one of the most difficult language subjects by students. It is not like other theory subjects where you can pass the exam just by cramming.
You need to have a proper understanding of the subject to excel at it.
Scoring full marks in ICSE semester 2 English is not that a big deal. You just need to be consistent with the subject and you can surely score full marks.
Most students consider English a difficult nut to crack because students don't pay heed to English preparation at the start of the semester. And only, start with the preparation at the exam time that makes it a bit difficult to follow.
If you will score full marks in ICSE English, then it will help to increase your overall exam percentage which will ultimately boost your entire board results.
Below are some of the tips that you can use to score full marks in ICSE Semester 2 Class 10 English.
1. Always answer the question that you are asked. Don't write any concocted story in the examination. When you are writing your English exam, make sure to write the answer in your own words rather than using the bookish language.
2. Most of the students find great difficulty in unseen comprehension passages. The major reason behind this is the lack of understanding of the passage.
You can easily overcome this part by emphasizing a proper focus on improving your reading and listening capabilities.
If you focus on this habit, then it will eventually improve your grammar. In the English exam, grammar is a very scoring portion. So, listening and reading will help you improve your overall English score.
3. You can watch various informative shows in English that are broadcasted on television. You have a whole pool of knowledge at your disposal, you just need to use it wisely.
When you watch various English shows, you come across various new words and their usage.
It will extensively help you in scoring well in the English exam and ultimately improve your English in the long run.
4. If you come across some new word while preparing a chapter or reading something, then always have a dictionary or thesaurus at your disposal.
It will help you retain things easily as you keep on improving your vocabulary and understanding of the chapter for the upcoming board exams.
5. Be an active participant in class discussions during the English lecture. This will help you analyze your understanding capabilities for a particular topic.
In addition to that, you will get a hold of the syllabus by preparing in the class.
After the class, you only need to spend some time revising the concepts already taught in the class. So, it will ultimately save on your preparation time and you will score well in your English exam.
6. In the writing section, you will be asked about various topics like letter writing, report writing, etc. To write such long writing content, you must be well-versed with the formats of them.
If you don't pay proper attention to their format then you will surely lose some marks.
So, if your goal is to score full marks in English then learn the formats of these things by heart so you don't face any difficulty during exam time.
English is all about practice!
The more you practice, the more proficient you become!
ALL THE BEST!