The ICSE English Literature Paper is designed in a way to evaluate how you can appreciate literary writing. No doubt, the two most important tips are to:
1. Read the question paper carefully before you plan on writing your answers
2. English Paper I comprise of questions on Grammar and composition.
Good vocabulary, good language, and writing good sentences without any grammatical mistakes are important to score well in the composition part of the examination.
You have to show complete skill and command over the language to score exceptionally well in English literature.
Below are a few tips that will help you formulate an impressive answer for ICSE Semester 2 English Literature.
1. Go through the question paper carefully in the allotted time for reading the question paper.
2. Make sure to write on-point answers while attempting reference to context questions.
3. Make sure to use different paragraphs for different parts of the questions.
4. Refrain from using shortcuts and cover all points from the question to score full credits for the question.
5. Make sure to use simple sentences that will emphasize your point clearly.
6. Don’t use excessively flowery vocabulary.
7. Lay more emphasis on covering the events from nearby the given extracts.
8. Even if the questions are related, do not repeat ideas. You can always rephrase your answers.
9. Always remember the characteristics of the main characters to write impactful answers.
10. You can always use quotes and examples from the main text while attempting long answer questions.
11. Make sure to combine the character sketch with your understanding of the event if asked in the long answer questions.
12. Before you submit your paper always check your paper properly for grammatical and spelling errors.
13. Always practice the format of the letter separately with undisturbed consistency. Make sure you completely understand what is being asked to write.
Properly practice the format of the letter, and underline what part is being asked for answers.
14. Regularly practice grammar exercises. Always use entire passages for practice rather than using simple sentences for practice.
15. Use the worksheets that are dedicatedly designed to practice specific items of grammar and they will act as an extremely useful resource for learning grammar.
Devote proper time for transforming sentences from one kind to another.
16. Always answer the questions accurately and concisely about what is being asked and always write answers in your own words.
17. You should focus on improving your listening and reading abilities so you can easily score well in the grammar part. You can’t easily comprehend unseen passages if you have poor listening and reading habits.
The grammar part is a very scoring area when you focus on listening and reading otherwise it is very difficult to score.
18. Don't cram from books and guides and focus on understanding things. This will help you lay proper focus on how to form various sentences when you want to write something in your word.
19. Always read English newspapers so you can get acquainted with the correct usage and styling of various words. You should extensively use the dictionary and thesaurus in learning the English language.
20. Make a habit of reading English books. It will help you to a great extent to write a good answer for your exam.
ALL THE BEST!