CUET 2022 exam is one of the most awaited exams for every student of class 12. Giving this exam will open the doors for various central universities for you.
Just with a single exam, you can suffice the eligibility criteria of any of the 45 central universities in the country.
The CUET 2022 application form has been released on 6th April 2022. If you want to appear for the exam, then you should fill out the form latest by 6th May 2022.
The eligibility criteria are one of the major concerns for every student who is planning to appear for the CUET 2022 exam.
CUET 2022 is primarily for every class 12 student who has passed their board exams or who is appearing for class 12 board exams in 2022.
As per the CUET eligibility criteria, you need to upload your mark sheets or other relevant certificates that will be required by the central universities to start with the admission process.
Below are the detailed eligibility criteria that you should be well-acquainted with before you apply for any central university with the help of CUET 2022.
CUET Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the form for CUET 2022, it becomes your responsibility to properly check the eligibility criteria for the university that you wish to apply for.
1. Qualification for UG: You must have passed your class 12 board exam from any of the recognized boards in the country. You can apply for CUET 2022 irrespective of the board in which you have studied.
2. Nationality: If you want to appear for the CUET 2022 exam then you must be an Indian resident otherwise you are not eligible to do so.
3. Age Criteria: For sitting in the CUET 2022 exam, there is no age bar that you need to adhere to. But, you need to abide by the age limit guidelines set by the central universities.
1. Every central university will have the entire authority to set its eligibility criteria for the students appearing in CUET 2022 exam.
2. UGC has not ordered the central universities to entirely scrap off the class 12 board marks for admission. It wholly depends upon the universities to decide upon the percentage of class 12 marks that they want to include for the CUET 2022 exam.
3. The central universities can make the merit list after the CUET 2022 exam as per their criteria. But, the only compulsion is that they need to take the CUET 2022 exam.
4. No doubt, the CUET 2022 eligibility criteria don't specify any age limit for the candidates. But, the central universities have the authority to set the bar of maximum as well as minimum age limits as per their guidelines.
Students should adhere to the guidelines of the central universities and check them properly before filling out the application form.
CUCET 2022 Exam Pattern
To sit for the CUET 2022 exam, you must be well-versed with the exam pattern of the CUET 2022 exam.
1. Exam mode: CUET 2022 will be a computer-based test and it will be conducted in the online mode in July.
2. Number of Sections: CUET 2022 exam will have 4 sections Section IA, Section IB, Section II, and Section III.
3. Test Pattern: You will encounter Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the CUET 2022 exam.
4. Language: You can give the exam in any of the 13 regional languages.
5. Duration: You will get 3 hours 15 minutes for Slot I exam & 3 hours 45 minutes for Slot II and you can solve any section as per your needs.
6. Number of Questions: You will encounter 100 questions in the question paper for CUET 2022 exam.
7. Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, you will get 5 marks and for every incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
ALL THE BEST!