After a month of delay in the announcement of NTA NEET 2021 - 2022, the most awaited news for medical aspirants is finally here.
The wait of 16 lakh students is over; the National Testing Agency (NTA) started with the registrations for NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 on April 6 on their official website @neet.nta.nic.in.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NTA NEET 2022) will be conducted on Sunday, the 17 of July 2022. As this is the uniform entrance examination for admission to MBBS, BDS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS, BAMS, and other undergraduate medical courses in the recognized medical colleges across India, the medical future of our country was somewhat stalled due to this delay.
But now is the time to kick start registrations, preparations and the motivation to crack the NTA NEET 2022. As per the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 UG exam pattern, the medical entrance test will comprise four subjects -- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will have a total of 35 questions while section B will have only 15 questions. From these 15 questions from Section B, a candidate can choose to attempt any 10 questions of their choice.
Checklist for NTA NEET 2022 Registration
1. A stable internet connection.
2. Class 12 details.
3. Soft copy of all necessary documents like Class 10th mark sheet, Aadhaar 4. Card, your thumbprint, signature and photograph.
4. Bank details for payment.
5. And patience.
Things to know before you register
1. Candidates can only apply for NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 through the “Online” mode through the official website of NEET NTA @neet.nta.nic.in
2. A candidate can submit only one application for NTA NEET 2021 - 2022. Multiple registrations will lead to the cancellation of candidature.
3. Candidates must download and read the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 information bulletin before filling out the application and strictly follow the instructions given in it. Those who will not comply with the instructions will be simply disqualified.
4. The e-mail address and Mobile Number filled in the Online Application Form should be candidate’s or their Parents only. As all the communication from here on will be sent by NTA through email on the registered e-mail address or SMS.
3 Simple Steps to Apply Online
Step 1: Registration Form
Register for the Online Application Form and carefully note down the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 system generated Application Number.
Required details should be provided by the candidates while filling out the Online Application Form. A PASSWORD, a Security Question and its Answer should be chosen by the candidate.
After you successfully submit the personal details, an Application Number will be generated. This application number will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will be required for all future reference.
As for subsequent logins, this system generated Application Number and Password created will give access to the candidates.
Step 2: Application Form
Now Candidates can log in for completing the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 Application Form.
Here candidates are required to fill up personal details, choose the Question Paper medium and prefer the city of examination, provide the details of Educational Qualifications, and upload all the images and documents precisely.
Step 3: Fee Payment
After completing Step 1 and Step 2, candidates have to make a payment of the examination fee which can be submitted online, through services like Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm.
In addition to the examination fee, the processing charges and GST as applicable will be chargeable to the candidate by the Bank. Soon after the payment, the Confirmation Page of the online Application Form will appear.
In case the Confirmation Page does not appear after payment, then you should approach the concerned Bank immediately with the help of the helpline number and email given in the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 Information Bulletin for getting the refund and trying again.
Do not forget to download, save and print a copy of the Application form’s confirmation page for the future.
Summary of steps to register yourself in NTA NEET 2022
1. Land on the official website on NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 i.e @neet.nta.nic.in.
Carefully read the guidelines and information brochure.
2. Click on NEET 2022 and then New Registration. Provide your mobile number and email address to register in the candidates' section. Note your login credentials.
3. As soon as you confirm an Application Number of NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 will be generated which you will have to keep safe as it will be required for future reference.
4. Login again and enter your personal information, upload all the necessary documents, such as your educational qualification, mode and city of examination, thumbprint, signature, and photograph.
5. Confirm your candidature by paying the NEET 2022 Application Fee and download the receipt.
Mode of NTA NEET 2022
This year NTA NEET 2022 exam will be Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine readable OMR sheets using Ball Point Pen provided at the Centre. Candidates should remember that OMR tampering at any stage will lead to debarring of the candidature for 3 years.
Duration of NTA NEET 2022
The duration of the NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 test would be three (03) hours and 20 minutes from 2:00 pm to 5:20 pm.
Pattern of NTA NEET 2022
NTA NEET 2022 will test the four Subjects. Each subject will be further divided into two sections. Section A will have a total of 35 Questions whereas Section B will have only 15 Questions, out of these 15 Questions, a candidate can choose to attempt any of the 10 Questions.
Medium of NTA NEET 2022
You can opt for a Question Paper in 13 languages. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi. You should carefully choose the language of instruction as it cannot be changed later. All the candidates who have opted for a language other than English will be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in the selected language and English.
Documents to carry on the exam day
1. NTA NEET 2021 - 2022 Admit Card and Self Declaration.
2. A passport-sized picture that is the same as the one used in the application form to paste on the attendance sheet.
3. It is necessary to carry one Postcard Size (4″X6″) colour picture with a white backdrop pasted on a Performa downloaded from the website and then hand over that form to the Invigilator at the Centre.
4. An original and valid identification card, like Pan Card, Adhaar Card, Class 12 CBSE board admit card, including a PwD certificate if available. School Ids will not be accepted.
5. Personal Water bottle and hand sanitiser.
6. Any other personal stuff will not be allowed in the examination centre.
Now you know everything you need to know about the registration for NTA NEET 2022 and its application procedure. Hope you stay disciplined in your preparation.