CAT Exam, or Common Entrance Test, is a national level management aptitude test. Aspirants willing to get admitted to MBA/PGP programmes offered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and over 1,200 B-Schools are required to take the CAT exam which is held annually in India.
About 2 lakh students appear for the CAT Exam each year. The candidates are required to solve 66 questions on Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Aptitude in 2 hours.
Official notification has been released regarding the CAT 2022 exam date. CAT 2022 exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 27, 2022, and the registration process will commence from August 3, 2022.
According to the expert panel, aspirants willing to appear for the CAT exam and crack it in their first attempt should start preparing at least 6 months before the exam. If you have already appeared for the exam, still at least 4 months are mandatory to start preparing.
Also, along with other course material, previous year question papers are highly recommended for all aspirants.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
CAT is a PG-level management course entrance exam therefore the minimum qualification required is graduation.
Candidates are required to have completed their graduation with minimum 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST/PwD candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university.
CAT Exam Important Dates
CAT Registration starts – 03-Aug-2022 (10:00 AM)
CAT Registration Ends – 14-sep-2022 (5:00 PM)
Admit Card Release Date – 27-Oct-2022
CAT 2022 Exam – 27-Nov-2022
CAT 2022 Exam Results – First week of January 2023
CAT Application Process
CAT 2022 application process is a mandatory and aspirants must submit the forms at iimcat.ac.in website.
Follow these steps to register of CAT 2022 exam –
1. Go to iimcat.ac.in website.
2. Click on ‘New User’ and enter your name, date of birth, and other details.
3. Enter captcha code before clicking on ‘submit’.
4. Use the OTP sent to your email and phone number to validate your form.
5. Then you’ll be required to fill in your personal details.
6. Later, upload your current passport size photo and e-signature.
7. Fill all the academic details of class 10th and 12th marks and graduation marksheets.
8. Later you’ll be asked to choose your IIM Course, campus preferences, and test city choice.
9. Finally pay the payments to complete the process.
CAT Exam Fees
CAT Exam 2022 fees are to be paid in online mode at the end of the application process.
For General & OBC Category – INR 2,300/-
For SC/ST/PwD Category – INR 1,150/-
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
CAT exam is a Computer Based Test which is conducted at various exam centres across India.
Mode of CAT Exam – Computer Based Test
Duration of Exam – Total 120 minutes
CAT Exam Slots - First Shift - 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Second Shift - 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Third Shift - 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Number of Questions – 66
Total Marks – 198
Language of Question Paper – English
Number of Answer Choices – 4
Question Type – MCQ and non-MCQ
Marking Scheme - +3 for every right answer
-1 for every wrong answer
0 for wrong attempt for non-MCQ type questions
CAT Exam Sections 2022
CAT SYLLABUS - NUMBER OF QUESTIONS – MARKS
VARC - 24 - 72
DILR - 20 - 60
QA - 22 - 66
CAT Exam Syllabus 2022
1. VARC - Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Para Jumbles, Para Summary & Odd Sentence Out.
2. DILR - Set Theory (Variables), Set Theory + Puzzles, Puzzles with Additional Data, Coding-Decoding and Series.
3. QA - Number System, Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometryand Mensuration.