Introduction to CAT exam
Its official name is the Common Admission Test (CAT), and it is typically taken by candidates who wish to be admitted to MBA or Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes.
If an applicant wants to be considered for admission to an IIM, it is critical that he or she take the CAT exam.
A management entrance test, the CAT exam, is held for admissions to 20 IIMs, 9 IITs, and over 1000 B-schools in India, including the Faculty of Management Studies at the University of Delhi, NITIE Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon – Management Development Institute, FSM Delhi – FORE School of Management, MNNIT Allahabad, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies Mumbai, and the Great Lakes Institute of Management in Chennai, among others.
CAT 2022 eligibility requirements
Let's now discuss the exam's eligibility requirements for CAT exam, which include the following: Prior to filling out the application form, please read this brief description of the exam's eligibility conditions.
CAT exam 2021 cutoff has been declared by all IIMs and IITs for MBA Admissions 2022-24. Sectional and overall cutoffs have been issued by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM).
In addition, the IIMs and other institutions will announce their separate CAT exam 2022 cutoff scores for MBA admissions in the years 2023-25.
Consequently, 70 marks have been set as the sectional cutoff and 80 marks have been assigned as the overall cutoff at IIM Ahemdabad. IIM Lucknow, on the other hand, has placed its sectional and overall cutoffs at 85 and 90, respectively.
Important points to be noted while preparing for CAT exam
1. Because of this revision to the CAT exam pattern of the year 2022, the overall number of questions have been cut even further, from 76 to 66, as has the total number of marks, which has been reduced from 228 to 198.
2. The CAT exam 2022 Syllabus also covers three key subjects, including Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Aptitude, which are divided into three categories.
Furthermore, the number of questions to be asked from each of these subjects is 24, 20, and 22 for the three subjects together.
3. Although there have been no modifications to the eligibility criteria for the CAT exam as of yet, this may change in the future.
Any changes to the CAT exam 2022 Eligibility criteria, on the other hand, would be made public through an official notification.
Pattern of the CAT Exam
Since the CAT Exam is critical for MBA candidates who wish to pursue a career in the cooperative sector.
Before walking into the examination hall, candidates should familiarize themselves with the CAT exam pattern and format.
The IIM CAT exam 2022 pattern must be thoroughly understood and prepared for by any applicant who wishes to appear for this examination in the future.
Because it is likely that IIM Ahmedabad will make a few adjustments to the CAT exam design, the official CAT notice 2022 will include a thorough description of the changes to the exam format.
The CAT exam 2022 paper pattern, on the other hand, is listed in the table below.
Registration for the CAT Exams
Let's take a look at the registration process first before moving on to the CAT exam application process.
1. In order to apply for CAT exam, you must submit your application online.
2. Online payment methods include Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT, Paytm, and a variety of others.
3. A CAT 2022 login is required before completing the CAT exam application form 2022 data.
4. We estimate more than 2 lakh candidates to apply for the CAT 2022 based on last year's patterns. IIM has yet to disclose the final registration deadline for the CAT exam in the year 2022
We'll go into great detail about the CAT exam syllabus because it's an essential component of every competitive examination. The three sections of the CAT exam's syllabus are VARC, DILR, and QA.
Topics and subtopics are divided even further inside each of these areas. The following sections provide in-depth information on the major subjects addressed by the IIM CAT exam syllabus.
However, each portion of the CAT exam has a set time limit. Candidates in the general category typically have 40 minutes given for each section.
ALL THE BEST!